Ten Tips to Keep Your Home Safe While You’re Away
When preparing for vacation, it’s easy to overlook some basic home safety precautions. Keep these tips in mind to protect your home while you’re away.
- Unplug small appliances and electronic devices.
- Stop the newspaper and mail. Visit the U.S. Postal Service’s website to stop mail service online.
- Lock all windows and doors.
- Arrange to have your lawn mowed.
- Remove any house keys you keep outside our home, even if you think they are in a safe place.
- Set timers on inside lights. Install motion-activated sensor on outdoor floodlights.
- Consider turning off your home’s water.
- Have a trusted neighbor keep an eye on your home throughout your trip.
- Raise the temperature on your thermostat.
- Avoid posting photos of your trip on social media until after you return home.
Taking proper precautions before you go on vacation can make all the difference when it comes to preventing damage to your home. Accidents can still occur, and it’s important to ensure you have adequate insurance coverage. Contact your Arthur Hall Insurance Advisor to learn more.