What is Business Income Insurance and does your business have the appropriate coverage in place?
- Could your business survive a shut-down of operations related to an insurance loss?
- If so, how long would it take you to get back to full operations? 2 weeks, 1 month, 6 months, a year or longer?
- Is your insurance limit enough to cover you for the length of the shut down?
- Is there a time limitation on your coverage?
- When was the last time you completed a Business Income Worksheet to determine the appropriateness of both the limit and length of coverage?
If this is the first time you’ve been posed these questions, maybe it’s time you evaluated the Business Income limit for your insurance program.
Recent surveys of small business owners shows:
• More than half (55%) said they do not have business income insurance
• Even more (63%) say they are unfamiliar with business income insurance
• Nearly half (45%) underestimate their risk
• Six out of ten (60%) say they don’t have the information they need to determine their risk
Regardless of the nature of your operations, how will you pay for ongoing expenses like meeting payroll, rent, utilities, mortgage payments and other ongoing expenses while the business recovers?
Don’t let a loss of business income stop your business from thriving. To be certain your business is covered appropriately, speak with one of the advisors at Arthur Hall Insurance to discuss your best insurance options. Call us in Pennsylvania at 610-696-2394 or 302-658-0100 in Delaware. Learn more about Arthur Hall Insurance at www.arthurhall.com.