Account Manager Commercial Insurance
We are currently seeking an Account Manager to service Commercial Line customers and Agency Producers. This is a full-time position based in Wilmington, DE. Considerations will also be given to candidates to work out of our West Chester, PA office.
- Service Commercial Lines accounts as assigned and aid in collections.
- At the direction of Producer, prepare company submissions for new business quotes and prepare proposals of insurance for new Commercial Lines clients, including visits to clients with Producer when requested.
- Initiate, screen and prepare endorsement requests for Commercial Lines clients.
- Prepare and process cancellations when required.
- Set up and prepare new account files per agency procedures.
- Invoice all Surplus Lines policies and execute premium finance agreements.
- Maintain suspense items in a timely manner.
- Keep current on rates, forms and coverage changes through circulars, bulletins, trade publications, seminars and schools offered.
- Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
- Maintain all client activity in the agency automation system.
- Service commercial lines accounts in a manner to eliminate gaps in coverage, thus reducing our E&O exposures.
- Assist prospects/insureds until a producer is available.
- Assist claims department in providing coverage information.
- Keep producers fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
- Assist other departments and producers in cross-selling and account rounding.
- Assume other job responsibilities as assigned by Department Manager.
- Must have all licenses as required by the State Department of Insurance to discuss and/or sell insurance in states where the agency functions.
- Knowledge of Commercial Insurance and products is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- College degree preferred but willing to consider other related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work in a team environment with different Account Managers/Producers.
- Good listening and organizational skills and attention to detail are important.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment, working both collaboratively and independently, to meet deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously.